- Classes are conducted once a month, ten times a year. In addition to classes, students are required to do an internship for each level of credentialing. Classes will normally take place the second Saturday of the month but may vary depending on the cohort.
- Three courses are offered each month, one for each corresponding credential level (certified, licensed, and ordained). Students participate in the classroom on a Saturday from 9:00 AM to 3:00 PM with an hour break for lunch. An alternative weekday evening format is also used at some locations from 5:00 PM to 9:00 PM. Please see the Class Calendar for more information on class locations and times.
- Prior to class, each student is required to completely read the course textbook and complete the Study Guide. A minimum of ten hours of preparatory work is necessary. With the classroom time, students will have invested sixteen hours or more per course. Students will be notified in advance of any additional
pre-session requirements that may be added on a class-by-class basis.
- The classroom instruction provides an overview of the material, practical applications, and opportunity for questions and discussion. Instructors use personal experience and a variety of teaching methods.
- A final exam is normally taken during the allotted class time digitally on a laptop, tablet, or phone.
- Instructors are limited to credentialed ministers or others with outstanding qualifications who have distinguished themselves academically and/or in their field of ministry. Faculty members become natural mentors as they build relationships and share experiences with their students.